Pink-headed Warbler Birding Tour
Tecpan is located in the Central Highlands of Guatemala endemism zone, at an altitude of 2,286 meters above sea level and near to Iximche archeological site.
Our Pink-headed Warbler one day birding trip is operated in this small region located in the mountain forest biome of Tecpan, a very attractive and effortless destination for birdwatchers looking for the Guatemala highlands specialties.
Tecpan one day birding tour could easily be combined with another destination in Antigua Guatemala, improving the opportunity to increase the birds in your checklist.
After 1 hour of travel from Antigua Guatemala (1:30 from Lake Atitlan approximately), we will arrive at this pine-oak forest that inhabits many exotic regional endemic bird species such as:
- Pink-headed Warbler (Cardellina versicolor)
- Rufous-browed Wren (Troglodytes rufociliatus)
- Mountain Trogon (Trogon mexicanus)
- Blue-throated Motmot (Aspatha gularis)
- Rufous-collared Robin (Turdus rufitorques)
- Yellow-eyed Junco (Junco phaeonotus)
- Green-throated Mountain-gem (Lampornis viridipallens)
- Amethyst-throated Hummingbird (Lampornis amethystinus)
- among others.